As winter takes a firm hold, it’s natural to turn to soothing comfort food like soup. Call it the natural tendency to burrow in and keep warm while the wind whistles outside. That could explain why the whole cold month of January is dedicated to soup, a hearty choice with so many variations that it’s hard not to find one to enjoy. Soup can make a satisfying and healthy option now and throughout the year, especially with the dietitian-recommended menu choices on HealthyDiningFinder.com and nutritious soup recipes like these from Catherine Katz of Cuisinicity.
- Vegetarian Chili
- Tuscan White Bean Soup (Watch the video)
- Cream of Asparagus Soup with Pistachios
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Moroccan Lentil and Chickpea Soup
- Creamy Red Lentil Squash Soup
- Sweet Pea and Spinach Soup
- Hearty Turkey Chili
- Apple Butternut Squash Soup
Learn more about the many benefits of soup as part of your healthy diet as well as tips and more recipes on Cuisinicity.