This Caribbean Salad from Chili’s is a tempting choice loaded with nutritious fruits and veggies. This is what healthy eating should look like!
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 cups of Romaine lettuce cut into 1″ pieces
- 4 cups of iceberg salad cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 cups of Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/8 cup of fresh mint, thinly shredded
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/8 green onions, sliced
- 12 pineapple wedges, fresh
- Sprinkle (1/2 tsp) of sesame seeds, black and white
- 8 oz. Chili’s Caribbean Dressing (recipe below)
- 4 chicken breast, boneless/skinless (5 oz. each raw weight), grilled without oil or seasoning
- Toss lettuce, cabbage, mint, oranges and dressing in a bowl
- Place on plates and top with remaining ingredients
CHEF’S TIP: Divide ingredients into four parts and toss each salad individually for best presentation and even distribution.
Chili’s Caribbean Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise, fat free
- 1/4 cup dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 3 Tbs pineapple juice
- 3 Tbs orange juice
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl, use wire wisk to mix mayonnaise, mustard, honey and garlic.
- Add vinegar, lime juice, pineapple juice, orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
Nutrition Information per Serving*:
390 calories, 4.5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 80 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 35 g sugars, 34 g protein, 2 cups fruits/veggies
*Nutrition information may vary from the Caribbean Salad served in the restaurant.
Don’t forget to try one of Chili’s dietitian-recommended menu choices.