By Rachael Derr, RD
Gold’s Gym, an authority on health and fitness, has just announced the winners of the “Golden Plate Awards.” The Golden Plate Awards recognize the top ten restaurants that offer healthy and delicious meals to their customers, making dining out a realistic part of their diet and fitness goals. Who better to partner with on these nominations than celebrity chef Robert Irvine?
Chef Irvine is not only an expert in creating and distinguishing delectable cuisines, but he was also once named one of the “25 Fittest Guys in America” by Men’s Fitness Magazine. According to Irvine, “Fitness and proper nutrition go hand-in-hand for living a healthy lifestyle,” and we couldn’t agree more. You may recognize Chef Irvine from his popular Food Network shows Dinner: Impossible and Restaurant: Impossible, in which he creates delicious meals and successful restaurants in impossibly short time frames. It’s safe to say that he knows his way around a kitchen – and usually gives a squeal of excitement when he tastes something he likes.
These Gold’s Gym official winners of the 2014 Golden Plate Awards have Robert Irvine’s “squeal” of approval, and many are recommended by our very own Healthy Dining dietitians:
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar – Grilled Citrus Lime Sirloin
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse – Asian Chopped Salad
- California Pizza Kitchen – Quinoa and Arugula Salad
- Chili’s Grill and Bar – Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Chipotle Mexican Grill – Chicken Burrito Bowl with Brown Rice, Black Beans, Mild Salsa and Guacamole
- Corner Bakery Cafe – Harvest Salad with Chicken
- LongHorn Steakhouse – LongHorn Salmon
- Olive Garden – Baked Tilapia with Shrimp
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers & Brews – Grilled Turkey Burger Lettuce Wrap
- Zoes Kitchen – Salmon Kabobs
“The ten Golden Plate Award winners provide a plethora of options for enjoying a delicious meal without the guilt you can experience when you cheat on your diet,” said Irvine. “It’s all about making healthy choices, and knowing what works for your individual health and fitness foals. There’s something for everyone on this list.”