It’s National Nutrition Month, and as you can probably imagine, that means one big Food Friendzy party here on HealthyDiningFinder. The theme this year for National Nutrition Month is “Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right,” which these healthy ingredients are happy to help promote.
It’s National Nutrition Month, and as you can probably imagine, that means one big Food Friendzy party here on HealthyDiningFinder. The theme this year for National Nutrition Month is “Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right,”which these healthy ingredients are happy to help promote. From lean proteins to fruits and vegetables, whole grains to nuts, beans, legumes and low-fat dairy, healthy eating can be a delicious affair now and throughout the year.
Here are 10 Food Friendzy ingredients ready to celebrate National Nutrition Month with flavor (and health) in mind:
- Black Beans – “Catch me loaded into a corn tortilla with herbs and spices like cumin, salsa and cabbage for a healthy lunch, dinner or snack. I’ll add a little spice, protein and fiber to your diet this month.”
- Bell Peppers – “You’ll be able to find me in the usual salad, but I’m also thinking that curries, pizza and stir fries sound like fun for National Nutrition Month. I’m bright, beautiful and overflowing with vitamin C, so why not liven things up a little?”
- Spinach – “I plan to get my leafy greens into everything this month. I can relax when I’m wilted, and until then, I’ll add iron, fiber and a ton of health benefits to soups, salads, pasta, sandwiches and maybe even some of these healthy spinach recipes.”
- Barley – “I’m not just in soup anymore! Find me in warm and veggie-laced risotto and adding whole grain goodness and flavor to crisp, cool salads.”
- Lentils – “I’m with Barley, I’m ready to break into the salad business this month. Who wouldn’t want a little extra folate and potassium with their veggies?”
- Chicken – “A little white meat goes well in anything! I love any excuse to flavor healthy lunches and dinners with muscle-building lean protein.”
- Broccoli – “Branch out a little with me this month and I’ll show you how good vitamins C, A, K and fiber can taste. I plan to roast, sauté and bake my way into your healthy (or soon-to-be) heart this month.”
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt – “I’m going to celebrate by showing up in some unexpected places like in healthy dips, on tacos and burritos, maybe even dressing up foods like turkey with added protein, calcium and flavor.”
- Beets – “I’m always up for a party, especially one all about healthy foods like me. My flavor and folate are ready for anything on the menu this month.”
- Flaxseed – “March is one big mixer for me. Yogurt, salads, entrees, I like bringing some extra omega 3s to the party for heart health.”