Makes 4 Servings
4 oz wt. of Fancy Lettuce Mix (washed)
4 Tbsp. Citrus Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
2 Vine Ripened Beefsteak Tomatoes*
4 Vine Ripened Roma Tomatoes*
12 Red Grape Tomatoes, cut in half*
12 Yellow Pear Tomatoes, cut in half*
1/8 tsp. Salt
4 Tbsp. Basil, cut 1/8” julienne
8 Large Basil Leaves
4 Garlic Croutons (see recipe below)
4 Tbsp. Seasoned Goat Cheese (See recipe below)
- Place the lettuce mix in a salad bowl and add the citrus vinaigrette. Mix until evenly coated with dressing. Then place the lettuce in the center of four chilled dinner plates.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the vine ripened beefsteak tomatoes into ¼” slices and the vine ripened Roma tomatoes into 1/8” thick slices.
- Shingle four slices of the beefsteak tomatoes to the left side of each salad and eight slices of the Roma tomatoes to the right side of each salad. Place six halves of the grape and yellow pear tomatoes on top of the salad. Season the tomatoes lightly with salt, and garnish with basil julienne and basil leaves.
- Spread 1 Tbsp of seasoned goat cheese mix on each garlic crouton and place one on the rim of each plate.
*Any great tasting vine ripened tomatoes can be used to prepare this salad. Serve the tomatoes that have the best flavor from your garden or produce grocer.
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients:
1/8 cup White Wine Vinegar
2 tsp. Orange Juice, fresh squeezed
.5 tsp. Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
2.5 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ tsp. Mustard
½ tsp. Fresh Garlic, chopped
¼ tsp. Fresh Parsley
½ tsp. Brown Sugar
Pinch of Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until thoroughly blended. Vinaigrette can be made a day in advance and kept refrigerated.
Seasoned Goat Cheese Ingredients:
½ Tbsp Olive Oil
1/8 cup Sweet Onion, ¼” diced
2 oz. wt. Fresh Chevre Goat Cheese
½ Tbsp. Cilantro
1/8 tsp. Hot Pepper Sauce
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
4 each Garlic Crouton Rounds (see recipe below)
- Heat olive oil – and then the onions just until they become translucent – in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the onions to a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix with a rubber spatula to thoroughly blend. Goat cheese can be made a day in advance and kept refrigerated.
Garlic Crouton Rounds Ingredients:
4 slices ( ¼” thick) French Baguette Bread
1 Tbsp. Butter, softened to room temperature
½ Clove Fresh Garlic, minced
1 tsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Cut the bread crosswise into 4 slices, each about ¼” thick, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend the garlic, chopped parsley and softened butter until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread the top and bottom of each slice of bread with about ½ a tsp of the garlic butter on each side.
- Place the buttered croutons on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in a 350 degree F, preheated oven. The croutons can be baked up to 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving**:
260 calories, 12 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium,
30 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 9 g protein, 2 cups fruits/vegetables
** Nutrition information may vary from the item served in the restaurant.