Travel to Italy in the comfort of your own kitchen with this delicious recipe from Olive Garden.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 pound asparagus (remove bottom inch of stems)
- 1/2 lb broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
- 4 Tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Salt and pepper to taste (not included in analysis)
- 1/2 lb roma tomatoes, cut into 1” pieces
- 6 basil leaves, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1 tsp garlic pepper
- Salt to taste (not included in analysis)
Garlic Herb Seasoning
- 3 tsp garlic pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- COMBINE Garlic Herb Seasoning ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- BLEND chicken stock and apricot preserves in a sauce pan. Add salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- COMBINE tomatoes, basil, garlic pepper and salt in a separate mixing bowl and set aside.
- BLANCH asparagus and broccoli for 1 minute in a pot of salted boiling water. Transfer immediately to ice bath to stop cooking.
- COAT sauté pan with 1Tbsp olive oil. While keeping ingredients separated in pan, heat cooled asparagus, broccoli and tomato mixture and until hot. Do not overcook.
- GRILL chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- PLACE grilled chicken on a platter next to hot broccoli and asparagus. Sprinkle Garlic Herb Seasoning on broccoli. Pour tomato mixture on top of vegetables.
- TOP chicken breasts with apricot sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition information per serving*:
360 calories, 8 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 95 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium,
36 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 21 g sugar, 40 g protein
*Nutrition information may vary from the item served in the restaurant.