Sure to be a family favorite! Sweet fruit, crispy veggies and juicy chicken are plated with a tangy citrus dressing.
Makes 4 Servings
• 2 cup fresh orange juice
• 1 cup Kikkoman Light Soy Sauce
• 2 Tbs fresh garlic, chopped fine
• 1 cup pineapple juice
• 1 tsp dry ginger
• 4 each green onion, chopped
• 4- 7 ounce raw chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
• 8 pieces of green leaf lettuce
• 16 ounce broccoli spears
• 24 ounce Fresh Fruit Medley (see below)
• 12 each strawberries, cut in halves
• 4 Tbs cucumber, diced ¼ “
• 4 Tbs fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced ¼”
• 12 ounce Newman’s Own Light Lime Vinaigrette (or similar)
Fruit Salad Medley:
• 8 ounce cantaloupe, diced ½”
• 8 ounce honeydew, diced ½”
• 8 ounce pineapple, diced ½”
• 16 each red grapes
Prepare the Chicken Marinade: Combine orange juice, soy sauce, garlic and pineapple juice in a stainless mixing bowl. Blend together well with a wire whisk. Remove 1 cup of mixture and add ginger, whipping until dissolved. Add back to balance of marinade. Toss in chopped scallions and blend well. Place chicken breasts in shallow pan. Pour marinade over chicken and cover with cling wrap. Place in refrigerator and marinade overnight.
To Cook the Chicken: Preheat an outdoor char grill to proper cooking temperature. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and pat dry with paper towel. Spray one side of the chicken breasts lightly with non-stick spray. Place chicken breasts on hot grill and cook until half done (approx. 3-4 minutes). Turn chicken breasts over and repeat until fully cooked, reaching 160 degree F.
To Cook Broccoli: Place broccoli in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes or until lightly cooked and tender. Strain water from broccoli and set aside with lid to keep warm.
To Prepare Platter: Place 2 pieces of lettuce on each plate. Place the grilled chicken breast and 6 ounces of fruit medley atop each lettuce leaf. Add strawberry halves to plated fruit medley. Divide broccoli amongst each plate. Combine diced cucumbers and tomatoes and place atop chicken breasts. Drizzle 1 oz. of citrus vinaigrette over each breast. Optional: serve with remaining 2 oz. of dressing on the side to flavor broccoli as desired; not included in analysis (1 Tbsp = 30 calories; 3 g fat; 160 mg sodium).
Nutrition Information per Serving*:
410 calories, 11 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 110 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 26 g sugars, 46 g protein, 3.5 cups fruits/veggies
* Nutrition information may vary from the item served in the restaurant.