Makes 5 Servings
- ½ cup Fine Bulgur
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh flat parsley (this equals to 3 bunches)
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 plum or roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 3 TBS lemon juice
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Stir together bulgur and 1 TBS oil in a heatproof bowl.
- Poor boiling water over then cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain in a sieve, pressing on bulgur to remove any excess liquid.
- Transfer bulgur to bowl and toss with remaining ingredients including 2 TBS oil until combined well.
- Taste the tabbouleh; and may need to add more salt, olive oil or lemon juice to taste.
Nutrition information per serving*:
140 calories, 9 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium,
16 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 3 g protein, 0.5 cups fruits/veggies
*Nutrition information may vary from the item served in the restaurant.