Are you looking for a healthy pumpkin recipe? This pumpkin soup recipe from Produce for Better Health takes the sweet pumpkin flavor and spices you crave every fall and pairs them with savory chicken broth for an easy recipe that’s simple to put together any night of the week. Serve this pumpkin soup with a slice of whole grain bread and salad or an entrée of turkey or chicken.
Makes 4 Servings
- 16 oz. 100 % pureed pumpkin, unsalted
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2-3 tsp. artificial sweetener (sucralose)
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup skim milk
- Combine broth, spices, and pumpkin in a saucepot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Slowly add milk and heat through – be careful not to boil.
- Add sweetener to taste.
70 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium,
13 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein
Recipe Courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation
Soup can be a great start to any meal or a tasty entrée itself. Look for comforting soups like these, recommended by Healthy Dining’s dietitians, at restaurants nationwide.