Are you ready to turn your weeknight and the usual chicken into something special? Pair this chicken piccata recipe with a crisp salad or roasted vegetables for a healthy dinner any night of the week.
Makes 4 Servings
Whole Grain Linguine
- 8 ounces uncooked whole grain linguine
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Rind of one lemon, finely grated
- ½ cup quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¼ tsp salt
Quick Chicken Piccata
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (6 ounces each)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2/3 cup fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package instructions (without adding oil or salt to water). Drain; stir in olive oil, lemon rind, tomatoes and salt. Cover and keep warm.
- Pound each chicken breast to ½ inch thickness using a meat mallet or heavy skillet. Sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts; cook for 4 minutes per side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet and loosely cover with foil.
- Add wine to pan and cook until liquid has almost evaporated, stirring to loosen any browned bits in skillet. Stir in broth, lemon juice and garlic; simmer until liquid has reduced to about ½ cup.
- Remove from heat. Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in parsley and capers. Serve chicken and pan sauce over linguine.
Nutrition Information (per serving)*:
460 calories, 12 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 100 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium,
43 g carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 43 g protein, .25 cup vegetables.
* Recipe and nutrition information may vary by products (and/or brands) used.
Recipe courtesy of the Whole Grains Council
Some days, an artfully prepared and easy restaurant meal is just what your taste buds crave. Find all the flavor without the fuss in Healthy Dining menu choices.