Meatless Monday is anything but flavorless when you use meatless recipes like this! Treat your taste buds right while you do something good for the environment this week.
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 Tbsp. of each of the following: peppers, onions, eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, and mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper (approx. 1/8 tsp. each)
- 2 oz. canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 slices naan bread
- 2 oz. part skim shredded mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp. leafy green vegetables (spinach, arugula or other greens), cut into thin slices (chiffonade)
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Toss sliced vegetables, except for leafy greens, in 1.5 Tbsp. of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables until lightly charred on both sides.
- Brush both sides of naan bread with remaining oi, and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Grill both sides of bread until lightly toasted.
- Reduce grill heat to low.
- Spread tomatoes over bread and top with grilled vegetables and cheese.
- Place pizza back on grill and heat for an additional 2-3 minutes to warm vegetables and melt cheese.
- Garnish with fresh leafy greens before serving.
Nutrition Information (per serving)*:
470 calories, 23 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium,
49 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 16 g protein, 1/2 cup vegetables.
* Recipe and nutrition information may vary by products (and/or brands) used.
Recipe courtesy of Meatless Monday.
Opt for meatless and vegetarian