An easy, refreshing and healthy salad recipe is just the thing to satisfy hunger in a hurry. Loaded with whole grains, legumes, veggies and lots of fresh flavor, this salad recipe is a good pick for lunch or dinner when hunger calls.
Makes 8 Servings
- 2 cups cooked wheat berries
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- In a large bowl, add the cooked wheat berries, beans, vegetables, feta and herbs. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over all, season with salt and pepper, and toss again to coat.
- Chill for at least one hour to let flavors meld.
Nutrition Information (per serving)*:
280 calories, 6 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium,
44 g carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 12 g protein, 1 cup vegetables.
* Recipe and nutrition information may vary by-products (and/or brands) used.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Grains Council
An easy and healthy salad recipe is just the thing for warm summer days.