Makes 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp sea salt
- To taste freshly ground black pepper
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 cups red seedless Californa grapes, halved
- 1 cup green seedless California grapes, halved
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400o F. Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet with the shallots. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring and turning the chicken occasionally, until it and the shallots are nicely browned.
- Add the grapes, vinegar, honey, and garlic and bring them to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes more. Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle the top with rosemary.
Serve over a brown rice blend or polenta with lightly steamed chard or kale.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 320; Fat 10g; Saturated fat 2g; Cholesterol 75g; Sodium 360mg; Carbohydrate 30g; Fiber 2g; Sugar 25g; Protein 28g; .75 cups fruits/vegetables
Recipe courtesy of California Table Grape Commission, developed by Heather K. Jones, RD