Create a memorable salad or side for your next meal with this Grape, Feta and Mint Quinoa Salad.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 cup red seedless California grapes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sliced green onion tops
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve. Put quinoa into a medium saucepan with the water and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove the cover and fluff with a fork. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir together the quinoa, grapes, cheese, lemon juice, and mint in a large bowl. Top with green onions.
Recipe created by Patricia Bannan, MS, RD, for the California Table Grape Commission.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 240; Fat 7 g; Saturated Fat 3 g; Cholesterol 15 mg; Sodium 220 mg; Carbohydrates 37 g; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Sugar 10 g; Protein 9 g
Recipe courtesy of California Table Grape Commission, developed by Patricia Bannan, MS, RD. Click here to watch her create this delicious dish!