This recipe for Creamy Spinach Pasta with Shrimp is gluten-free. The sauce for this recipe is so creamy and perfect for everything from pasta to potatoes. You can serve this dish with shrimp or have it on its own to keep it vegetarian-friendly!
Courtesy of Milk & Honey
Yield: 3-4 servings
- ½ medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, separated
- 2 red or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup shredded parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 12 oz chickpea pasta (fettucine, shells, or bowtie styles would work well)
- 12oz. raw shrimp
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Cook pasta using instructions on the package. Save about ½ cup of pasta water.
- Using a medium pan, sauté onion and garlic in 1 Tbsp olive oil on medium heat until onions become soft/clear, about 10-12 min.