Makes 4 servings
- 2 large green bell peppers, cored and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup long grain brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 c fresh basil, chopped
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Sauté pepper and garlic for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add chopped tomatoes, chicken and peas. Stir together.
- Simmer on low-medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
Nutrition Information (per serving)*:
300 calories, 10 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium,
24 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 28 g protein, 1.5 cup vegetables.
* Recipe and nutrition information may vary by products (and/or brands) used.
For Italian and other Mediterranean cuisine, treat yourself to a Healthy Dining menu choice. Dishes like this are hand-picked by Healthy Dining’s expert dietitians for nutrition and flavor you’ll love.