We all know how important it is to eat a healthy breakfast in the morning, just as important as a healthy lunch or healthy dinner. Unfortunately, mornings can be hectic, especially when kids are part of the equation, which means a healthy breakfast can be the first to go. This simple smoothie recipe from Work It Mom can help with wholesome ingredients that provide calcium, protein, vitamin C, potassium, fiber and more! Have the healthy ingredients on hand to quickly throw in the blender in the morning, or make extra on Monday morning to carry you and the kids through the busy week. Bon appétit!
- 1½ cups Greek yogurt (flavored or plain)
- 3 bananas, peeled and cut up
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed and chopped (could also use frozen to give the smoothie a thicker texture)
- ½ cup milk (soy, almond, or low-fat cow’s milk)
- 2 Tbs. honey or other sweetener
- 1 cup ice
Blend together and enjoy!
Find more recipes, tips, tools and insights for busy parents on WorkitMom.com