Consider these quick and easy dinner choices that are good for you and your family any night of the week. These picks work well for a rushed Halloween or in the days following, when you’re recovering from the first of the busy holidays. Each Healthy Dining and Kids LiveWell choice includes some of our favorite high-quality ingredients that can help boost energy without the sugar crash, calm the kids’ crankiness, and keep extra weight off… because we all know those are the truly frightening things lurking around every corner this time of year:
- California Tortilla – Gourmet taco shop flavor without the taco shop guilt. Try the Honey Lime Burrito Bowl.
- City Wok – Chinese takeout to feel good about. Share an order of the Kung Pao Chicken for a nutritional kick.
- Corner Bakery Café – Low-calorie veggies are a good choice to fill up without going overboard. Try Mom’s Tuna Salad on Harvest Bread with Baby Carrots
- El Pollo Loco – Everyone in the family will be happy with choices like the Chicken Taco al Carbon with Side of Broccoli and Pinto Beans. Loaded with lean protein, whole grains and veggies these are an easy pick up at the drive-through.
- Genghis Grill – For something a little more exotic with all the nutrition, try the Firecracker Scallops Bowl. It doesn’t get much faster than a Mongolian Stir-Fry.
- Quaker Steak & Lube – Healthy lean protein and veggies plus the hot wings flavor you love. Try the Boneless Wings and Fresh Steamed Broccoli with Pita Bread to enjoy at the restaurant or take home.
- US Pizza Co – Make it even easier with a pizza the whole family can enjoy before heading out trick or treating. Try the Vegetable Medley Pizza on Gluten-Free Crust (2 slices) topped with loads of veggies, savory sauce and creamy cheese.