If you’re managing your cholesterol levels, chances are you may be a little apprehensive about eating out at restaurants. Have no fear! Armed with the right tools and nutrition information, you can find some really great menu choices out there that can help you love eating out while you manage your cholesterol levels.
One of the best (and tastiest!) ways to manage blood cholesterol is through diet. Eating foods high in saturated fat and trans-fat, especially, can negatively affect your cholesterol. While dietary cholesterol from animal-derived food like meats, seafood, eggs and dairy products, have been included in this list in the past, the nation’s top nutrition advisory panel has decided to drop its caution about eating cholesterol-laden food for most adults. In general, increasing your intake of foods lower in saturated fat and higher in fiber – like whole grains and fruits and vegetables – can be a good strategy to help improve blood cholesterol levels.
Menu choices like these include better-for-you ingredients fat to help you manage your cholesterol when eating out at restaurants:
- Bonefish House Salad with Wood-Grilled Salmon (Lunch) at Bonefish Grill
- Bowl Oatmeal at Brookfields Restaurant
- Char-Broiled Chicken Sandwich at Farmer Boys
- Sirloin Skewers Livin’ Smart Combo Meal at Luby’s
- Grouper Tacos at Mangos Restaurant
- Mediterranean Falafel Wrap at Natural Epicurean
- Healthier Salmon Filet at Newport Landing
- Teriyaki Veggie Bowl (Regular, Brown Rice) at Samurai Sam’s Teriyaki Grill
- Mediterranean Salad at SeaWorld San Antonio
- In The Pink Menu: Grilled Chicken Greek Salad at T-Bones