You know you should be eating more vegetables, especially when weight loss is your goal, but what happens when you get stuck in a rut?
By Kristen Castillo
Problem solved! We’ve rounded up 20 recipes – using a variety of veggies from cucumber and zucchini and bell peppers – that are full of flavor!
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad. This cool and creamy salad makes for a hearty meal! Plus it’s low carb and paleo-diet-friendly.
- 20 Minute Zucchini Ribbon Pita Pizzas. A fast and yummy meal, these zucchini pita pizzas will please kids and adults alike. This meal is vegetarian, too.
- Spicy Garlic Green Beans. Kick up your entrée with a side of these spicy green beans. Think garlic and red pepper flakes with olive oil and lemon zest – yum!
- Caprese Pasta Salad. Love Tomatoes? This simple and satisfying dish features cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella with pasta. Easy and delicious.
- Healthy Veggie Rolls. Wow – these healthy veggie rolls, featuring an avocado mash, cabbage, sprouts, red bell peppers, cucumber, carrots, jalapeño and collard greens, are bursting with color and flavor. Plus they’ll be on your table in just 30 minutes.
- Summer Vegetable Soup. While you can make this soup any time of year, it’s particularly easy during the summer, when seasonal ingredients like corn on the cob, squash, zucchini and tomatoes are so fresh.
- Southwestern Veggie Hummus Wraps. What a satisfying vegetarian meal! These black bean hummus wraps also feature avocado, Roma tomatoes, corn, peppers and cilantro.
- Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats. A healthy Mexican meal, this dish is full of flavor and delicious veggies including zucchini, peppers and tomato.
- Spiralized Carrot Salad with Lemon and Dijon. A bright and delicious dish, this spiralized carrot salad has only five ingredients, including olive oil, lemon and Dijon.
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad. A light, yet satisfying meal, this flavorful salad pairs spring greens like spinach, arugula and baby kale with quinoa, almonds, Kalamata olives and sun dried tomatoes. Add crumbled feta cheese for even more flavor.
- Chickpea Tomato Soup with Rosemary. Yum! This hearty soup makes stars out of chickpeas, tomatoes, spinach and rosemary. It’s also a one-pot meal, which means dinner prep is easy.
- Grilled Beet Burgers. This dish is a new twist on burgers. The recipe begs the question: Who needs meat when you have beets?
- Chicken Vegetable Tortellini Soup. This hearty soup is bursting with veggies that include spinach, carrots, corn, peas and celery. Plus, dinner will be ready in just 30 minutes.
- Roasted Cauliflower Carrots Zucchini. A simple, tasty dish, this recipe focuses on root veggies with seasonings. Easy to make, even easier to enjoy.
- Cucumber Salad. Simple ingredients like cucumber, grape tomatoes and feta cheese make this laid-back and delicious salad a standout meal.
- Healthy Vegetarian Quinoa Chili. Get ready for a tasty meatless Monday dish! This vegetarian chili, which takes only 35 minutes to make, boasts tomatoes, beans and quinoa, and can be topped with avocado, jalapeños and other veggies.
- Mediterranean Lima Beans. A healthy side dish, this colorful lima bean recipe has vitamin C, iron, vitamin A and fiber.
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash. This colorful low-carb pasta substitute is a tasty and healthy side dish.
- Spinach and White Bean Soup. Chock full of veggies like spinach, peas, zucchini and cannelloni beans, this hearty soup is ready in under a half hour.
- Tangy Veggie Wrap. Prep these tasty wraps – filled with carrots, spinach, bell peppers, ginger and lemon zest – for a quick, healthy lunch or dinner.