These delicious and healthy little over-achievers are always on our short list for a good Healthy Dining menu choice.
Welcome to 2013! With all the New Year’s resolutions in the air for weight loss and healthy eating, we think this is the perfect time to introduce you to just a few of our favorite resolution foods. These delicious and healthy little over-achievers are always on our short list for a good Healthy Dining menu choice, and they are looking forward to this meet-and-greet so that you can get to know them just a little better. Which ones will you be inviting over to your plate today?
– She is sleek and lean with a wealth of omega 3 fatty acids. Not only is Salmon a flavorful centerpiece in your meal, but she can also help improve your heart health and may reduce your risk of depression. She’s a good source of lean protein for any diet.
Nonfat Greek Yogurt
– He is a rich and protein-packed powerhouse without the added fat. Greek Yogurt likes to add a calcium and probiotic punch to every meal, not just snacks and breakfast. Invite him over to your plate for strong bones and muscles, important for any new exercise routine.
– She looks light and delicate, but don’t be fooled: Quinoa brings complete protein and whole grain goodness to meals along with flavor. She’s been part of meals for thousands of years, thanks to her versatility and exceptional nutrition. Her fiber and protein will help keep you feeling full longer to prevent dips in willpower.
– Tall, dark and leafy with vitamins and minerals, Kale is confident he will win you over. He is low in calories, high in fiber and loaded with vitamin K and antioxidants, all key for a healthy diet. He’s happy in your stir fry and soup but knows there’s more to the menu than that, so think of him for snacking and salads, too.
– This nutty little guy, like our other friends here, likes to be part of every meal on your table, especially because he is so good at controlling your appetite. Rich in omega 3s, Walnut may help reduce inflammation. A word of caution about Walnut: he is high in calories, and spending too much time with him may undo some of your resolutions.
For ideas on how to add these resolution-friendly Food Friendz into your healthy diet, try one of these Healthy Dining choices:
Multi-Grain Pancakes at Ruby’s Diner (700 calories, 15 g fat). Located in CA, HI, NJ, NV, PA, TX.
Greek Yogurt Parfait at Miami Subs (300 calories, 5 g fat). Located in FL.
Quinoa and Roasted Vegetable Salad at Annapurna’s World Vegetarian Café (400 calories, 22 g fat). Located in NM.
Salmon Salad Plate at Waba Grill (400 calories, 23 g fat). Located in Southern CA.
Cedar Plank Salmon at Shelby Campbell’s Almost Famous (490 calories, 21 g fat). Located in Elk Grove Village, Il.
Sautéed Pacific Salmon at Sophia’s Restaurant (700 calories, 25 g fat). Located in Jackson, MS.
Search for more Healthy Dining menu choices in your area here