Here are some of the Kids LiveWell menu choices, identified by Healthy Dining’s dietitians, that are good choices for your kids at restaurants.
Q: I don’t have time to sort through and understand restaurant nutrition information. What are the best choices for my kids at restaurants?
A: You are certainly not alone as a parent short on time! We’ll make this short and sweet. In general, the best choices for kids include lots of fruits and veggies, lean proteins like chicken and fish, whole grains like brown rice and whole wheat pasta and low fat dairy. Aim for a plate that looks like MyPlate. The good news is that many restaurants are now making the healthier choices the easier choices for parents and kids alike thanks to feedback from families like yours.
To make it incredibly easy for your busy family, when eating out, search HealthyDiningFinder for dietitian-recommended menu choices near you. Here are some of the Kids LiveWell menu choices, identified by Healthy Dining’s dietitians, that are good choices for kids at restaurants.
- Classic Oatmeal with Strawberries and 100% Juice at Au Bon Pain
- Kids Turkey with Kids Fresh Steamed Vegetables at Boston Market
- Kid’s Whole Grain Spaghetti Pomodoro with Steamed Spinach & Apple Juice at Carrabba’s Italian Grill
- Grilled Chicken Platter, Steamed Broccoli and Orange Juice at Chili’s
- Kid’s Combo: 1/2 Turkey Sandwich at Corner Bakery Cafe
- Build Your Own Jr. Grand Slam® at Denny’s
- Beefosaurus Rex Pita with Baked Pita Chips at Extreme Pita
- Grilled Chicken on the Barbie with Broccoli & Apple Juice at Outback
- Little Red’s Chicken Burger at Red Robin
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Broccoli at Sizzler
Save your valuable time! Skip the lengthy and confusing nutrition information and search for dietitian-recommended menu choices near you on HealthyDiningFinder.com.